Goldline Controls selects e-Kanban by Datacraft Solutions
Goldline Controls (www.goldlinecontrols.com) based in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, manufacturers Aqua Rite, the best selling electronic chlorine generator. Recently Rick Becker, Vice President of Operations, Kristy Buss Dupuis, Materials Manager, and Colleen Skeffington, IT Manager selected Datacraft Solutions' e-kanban system to streamline their operations and continue a strong lean manufacturing initiative.
According to Matthew Marotta, CEO of Datacraft Solutions (www.datacraftsolutions.com), "Process improvements for Goldline Controls with existing suppliers will further reduce lead times and inventory levels and bring more suppliers onto the system."
The Best Practice is "integrating the electronic kanban system" with a manufacturer's current purchasing system. Marotta noted that the Datacraft Solutions' e-kanban system will achieve savings for Goldline Controls in several key areas:
* It will reduce to zero the need to build inventory. All production will be initiated based on the immediate needs of our customers.
* Time spent by customer service communicating on expedited parts issues will be eliminated. Typically it is estimated that customer service staff spends 40% of their time on just expediting part orders.
* Sales will increase with the benefit of the e-kanban program because the pool system manufacturer will no longer use capacity to build parts without an order to buy NOW. 100% of production capacity will be utilized to build parts that are already sold as soon as they hit the shipping dock.
Datacraft Solutions www.datacraftsolutions.com Matthew Marotta 800-819-5326
- Free VoIP services: Not necessarily free - Dec 12, 2005
- iShop by PRONTO North America provides e-Business solution - Sep 16, 2005
- ETO ERP leader Encompix reveals Formglas’ decision process - Aug 01, 2005
- Leading ERP Pronto North America develops PEER™ program - Jul 29, 2005
- Food Quality Magazine profiles Datacraft Solutions’ e-Kanban in July issue - Jul 26, 2005